If you are wrestling with the decision to reserve your personal trainer, I truly believe this blog could help you appreciate the value it could bring to your life. I hope to put things into perspective, show you how the benefits far out weigh the cost and give you some tips on how to get the most bang for your buck. Thanks for reading!
It's all about PERSPECTIVE...
Most personal training sessions are sold as a package deal: 24, 36 or 48 sessions. A lot of you may be thinking "I don't need 36 sessions, I only need five." Trust me when I tell you, a 24+ package is a good thing! Here is why:
1. You cannot get a lot accomplished in only five sessions. It is recommended that you workout with your trainer a minimum of 3 days per week. If you only had five sessions, you would only have a week and a half's worth. With a 24+ session package, you would have a nice, full 8+ weeks worth of training. Just enough time to start seeing great results from your hard work.
2. Motivation to keep going. If you are like many and want to get fit, but are prone to getting motivated, then working out a few times, then giving up, then this is a true blessing for you. With a package deal, you are far less likely to quit if you have reserved 36 sessions. That would be a huge waste of your hard earned money. And, I don't know about you, but that alone would be enough motivation for me to keep going!
Ok, let's get down to brass tax.... What about the cost?? At the risk of sounding like a bad Mastercard commercial, can you really put a price on being healthy and fit? Ok, ok....cliche, I know. How about I try to put things into perspective then?
1. For about the same cost as big new flat screen TV, you could get a 48-session package. With the tv, you have instant gratification. After all, it is a nice TV. But, what happens two weeks later, when the "new" has worn off and you are left with just a TV? I'll tell you what...the empty feeling that was with you before you bought the TV will return, and you will be left staring in the mirror wondering why you blew your hard earned $ and have nothing more to show for it. Think about it, you know I'm right.
Here is a quote from an actual client of mine who finally grasped this concept, all on his own:
..."I used to go out all the time and spend thousands of dollars on new "toys", trying to satisfy myself. But, at the end of the day, no one cared about all of my possessions, and they did nothing for me. I even once bought a boat thinking that would make me fell better about myself. That's when it hit me...what's the point of owning a boat if I'm the fattest one on it?! At that moment I made the decision to invest in my body, and I did. Now, I have much more confidence and happiness than any of my "toys" ever brought me..." Brian- Ridgeland, MS
2. Think of it as an investment, not an expense. You are investing in a healthier, more attractive life. It's like buying a home. You invest into it each month, building equity. Short term, each year you get a tax break for being a home owner. In the long run, you will eventually get a nice return on your investment through all the built up equity. The same principle applies to your health. You are investing! In the short term, you look and feel better, full of confidence. In the long run, you live a much more active and healthy life, adding years to it.
So...How do you get the most BANG for your BUCK??
1. Reserve more sessions. This is the key. Time to break out the ol' calculator. Take the total cost, divide by the number of sessions, and you will find the average cost per session. You will also find that the larger session package you reserve, the lower the cost per session is. So, not only will you have more motivation to succeed by reserving a longer package, but you will also save some green in doing so. It's a no-brainer!
2. Train with a friend. By reserving Semi-Private Sessions, you and a friend can use the same calculator from above, plug in the same formula, and then split it 2 ways. Now you save even more the bigger the package you reserve. That's less cost for you, same great investment! Plus, you get to throw in the added bonus of now having some competition when you train. It's a win-win for both of you!
Now that you think about it, the cost of becoming fit, looking better, having confidence and being healthy really is not that great. You spend way more every year on other things that are not nearly as fulfilling. All the while, looking in the mirror wishing there was something you could do about your body. Well, now there is. After just 24, 36, 48 or more sessions with your personal trainer, you could completely transform your body into something you can finally be proud of, and fill that emptiness inside that has been nagging at your for so long. I hope I have been able to put things a little more into perspective for you. Don't hesitate to email me if you are still on the fence and looking for some extra encouragement. That's what I'm here for!
Return to top of Worth page
Madison - 119 Colony Crossing Way #660 - (601) 717-2429
Brandon / Flowood - 1139 Old Fannin Rd - (601) 620-7208
OR Email: email@example.com
"I Have Lost 115 lbs"
Janet- Brandon, MS
"I'm in the Best Shape That I Have Ever Been"
Amanda- Brandon, MS
"Anthony Can Help You Achieve Your Goals"
Chris- Madison, MS
"I Am Enjoying It"
Virginia- Brandon, MS
"I've Lost 4 Jean Sizes"
Julie- Brandon, MS
"My Training Was Personalized!"
"Before starting with VIP Fitness my biggest problem was sticking with my program, but Anthony was able to keep me motivated and on track. My training was personalized to suit me perfectly and it helped me overcome the obstacles that I had encountered while trying to train on my own. I know with certainty that I would not have the results I do if it weren't for Anthony!" Jaime- Brandon, MS
"I Thought I Knew What To Do!"
"The trainers at VIP Fitness have unlocked an entirely new potential in me. I’m doing things I never thought I would do. It’s honestly worlds better than any workout I’ve ever got in a gym! I thought I got a good workout on my own, only because I never knew what a "real" workout felt like. The difference is night and day." Brad- Madison, MS