5 Ways to Stay Motivated
Posted on Nov 7, 2010 by
Whether you are just getting started on your fitness journey or you are getting discouraged half way through it, the key is to stay motivated! Here are 5 tips, along with quotes that I have personally selected to match the tip, that will help you stay that way:
1. Set reasonable goals and reward yourself when you reach them! If you want to lose 10lbs in a month to fit in that bikini...do it and then buy it! If you don't reward yourself for hitting your goals, then what's the point of setting goals in the first place?
"With great sacrifice comes great reward."
2. Schedule your exercises! This makes working out a priority and helps develop a habit.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
3. Switch up your workouts! Sick of running on the treadmill? Take it outside and go biking, swimming or running a stair case. Not only will this help prevent you from hitting a plateau, but it will help you set new challenges and avoid boredom.
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."
4. Set smaller daily goals within your long term, outcome goal. Sure you know what you want the end result to be, but how do you get there? Set a daily nutiritional and workout goal of what you want to get done that day, and accomplish those one day at a time. You will reach your long term goal in no time this way.
"People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily."
5. Don’t give up on yourself! Nobody is perfect and sometimes you will slip up, but what's important is not giving up and throwing yourself right back into it. Remember why you wanted to start your fitenss journey in the first place.
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
I hope these tips help you stay motivated when things get tough. Here are a couple of bonus quotes that I like, to help you get yourself in the right frame of mind to get started...
"Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do, and that often means living outside the limits of one's comfort zone."
"Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."
http://sbi0.sitesell.com/cgi-bin/Solo Build It/graphicsLib.pl?NAME_1=ButtomBanner1.jpg&AFF_CODE=225717&DOMAIN=vipfitnessms.com&THEBUTTON=BUTTON_CLICK&SHOW_1=Show%2BMe&COUNT=1
Return to top of Motivated page